Dec 26, 2012

Two daily questions...

1. Tell me something you learned (this week).
2. Tell me something good that happened.

1. I learned most of the pressure of having things just so perfect for the holidays are demands I put on myself. I was a bit on strike this year telling those around me I wasn't doing much and if they wanted a celebration they would have to provide it. And they did. Having this knowledge is going to make me not dread the holidays arrival in future years.

2. My kids were more happy this year with me doing very little then they were last year with me running around making things "just so". Isn't that all we want is to make our kids happy? When I sold real estate I would say to people all the time "he who cares less wins" Who knew it worked as far as making yourself happy and enjoying the moments during Christmas. Then I had thoughts this is what the men usually do and the women are the ones making things perfect. It doesn't have to be that way.

These two questions I ask my kids daily because I think everyday we should learn something new and we should always focus on the good instead of the bad. It's the same with sewing so I'll be asking this often about sewing too.



Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy