Dec 26, 2010

The Best Gift Ever! The end of Christmas 2010

Have you missed me? I sure have missed posting on here. I have so many good ideas for post but found myself with no time the past few weeks to post anything. So stay tuned this week for my sewing, students sewing and some really good news from one of my students! But first I want to give you this.

I don't know why we do this to ourselves but things have to be a certain way during the holidays. All the gift giving homemade and bought, the food, the decorating, the running around while doing all the other things that already have your plate overflowing. The past week I was a crazy person trying to make everything just so for my kids. I am so happy it's over! There are so many high expectations with many disappointments. The older the kids get the more money their presents which means there's only a couple of presents under the tree. And the more they want the store bought presents and not the hand made ones. I don't know why we teach our kids that this is the way it "has" to be during Christmas.

Last night, I sat and thought about how I spent my day with my family. I thought about my students because so many of them are important to me I care about them very much. And I thought about the people who've opened my door lately and their stories...... so many different stories. Many a year of fighting to stay alive. We're all so different as humans, our walk through life. So many wants and needs. There's one thing we all have the same though, Love. The desire to give and receive Love. It's our souls desire. It's what we've all been blessed with. The most precious gift you can give someone is love. The best gift you can give yourself is Love. Love for everything that fills your life.


But there's a better gift than love. Your gift is... you're alive! Life isn't easy sometimes. The hardest things in life to do are the most rewarding.... but... YOUR ALIVE, your heart is beating and you're breathing the air. The most precious gift ever is your life! Fill it with love, smiles and laughter as much as you can. Give yourself the best gift ever because it's something that no one can give to you but yourself. It's your choice to love yourself enough to give you what you desire the most... it's your path to walk... walk it with a heart filled with love....

And in the end, we all must do the same things. But while we're here it's your choice to rejoice in this precious gift called LIFE! I hope you open your gift and handle it with care because it's so delicate! Carry around peace inside yourself and others will see. Fill your heart with love for yourself and others.. pass on what is inside you and know... LIFE IS A PRECIOUS GIFT!


 Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment