Oct 27, 2010

Fun Easy Sewing Project


I've been wanting to make some shirts to work in at the sewing studio. You know, sewing related.

Since I'm always looking at the way things are put together I came across this guy in line at the grocery store who had a really cut design of a sail boat on his t-shirt. So, I decided to do the same thing with a sewing machine.


This is a very easy project. First draw a picture on some paper and transfer it to some fabric using tracing paper and wheel.  I bought the shirt cause sometimes it just doesn't pay to sew. It was on the sale rack for $7. Since this was stretchy fabric I used the stretch stitch so they stitch line wouldn't break. Sewed down the lines I marked on the fabric. The fun part was cutting away the fabric after you sew it to the shirt only leaving the lines of the design. 


I have other shapes and colors I want to work with. How cool would a peace sign look? Maybe a little LOVE behind the PEACE. Sweet!!

Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy