Oct 5, 2010

Did you know?

Did you know you can use a pattern over and over again? No Really! I'm surprised all the time how many of my students think you use a pattern just once. Never assume someone has knowledge.

I follow Carolyn's blog. She is so funny, creative and shares so much on her blog Diary of a Sewing Fanatic. When I first started following her blog I was like number 140. If a couple of you follow her blog she will have 600 followers. You will not be sorry you become her reader. You'll learn a lot from her!

Carolyn has a TNT (a pattern that fits you really well) pattern she uses all the time to make different styles of dresses. I would really call it her sloper because she uses it to make so many different styles of dresses. We've watched her through the year make what we thought were 20 dresses. Turns out she used the same pattern and made it 40 different ways. Amazing when you think about it. She is so creative and gets her ideas in so many different places.   Did I mention she lives in NY and often takes us to the district with her when she does her fabric shopping. Hence to say we learn all the good places to shop when we go to NY.




Go check out this blog post here about her favorite pattern and check out her flickr album for some awesome (or as my kids would say epic) ways to use one pattern different ways.



YES YOU CAN USE A SEWING PATTERN MORE THAN ONCE
and when you use it often don't forget you can iron on some lightweight interfacing to the pattern to make it last longer.


Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy