Aug 6, 2010

Christina's Girl Cave and her Sewing Beauties

There's some people I'm so thankful they walk through my door. Christina is one of those people. I feel like she has such a vast amount of sewing knowledge already there isn't much I teach her. I get excited when I do have some knowledge to give her.

She loves sewing children's clothing with smocking/pleating and hand embroidery. She makes beautiful things. This is her daughter wearing one of her dresses she made. And look how cute, she has her own sewing machine in the girl cave - sweet!

And speaking of her girl cave, her husband made her a beautiful sewing room where she's starting to spend more time in.

Check out her sewing machine and serger. all she has to do is spin them around when she needs one machine or the other. Very cool huh! and pressing right next to the machine.  Did I mention her girl cave is in the attic?

Here are some of the beautiful things she's made.....






She's always so much fun to have in class sharing her knowledge with other students. She's teaching us how to do different embroidery stitches giving us homework which I can't wait to do while I'm waiting in the carpool like at school.

Thank you Christina for taking the time each week to come to sewing class and sharing so much of yourself with all of us. I love your girl cave at home and happy you come to my girl cave. Sewing is the best when you give yourself the time to do it, and you give yourself the time to make beautiful things.

See you in class!!!

Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy