Jul 29, 2010

A Prize from Carol Hannah of Project Runway

I want to start off by saying I love Project Runway and very excited the new season will be starting tonight. I'm going to be running home after teaching class ends at 8:30 to make sure I'm watching live at 9pm (I'm so old school and don't record things).

Since I love PR so much I've been watching for years. I follow a few blogs from past seasons designers, one being Carol Hanna's. I love following her blog. She has an eye for beautiful things. She has also shared some of her designs in progress with us. I've used her dress to teach how important it is to pin in sewing. - any way I can share sewing knowledge I'm going to do it and this was a great example.

CH did a blog post at the start of the summer and ran a little contest.
Dear Summer,
I love you.  There, I said it.  Now we can stop awkwardly dancing around the issue and embrace it.  Here are 17 reasons why I love you (there are more, but I don’t want to sound obsessed):
1-Yet another excuse to wear dresses
2-Giant sunglasses
3-Bright toenail polish
4-Bright anything
5-Prints!
6-Breezy evenings
7-The idea of escaping
8-Actually escaping
9-Friends coming to visit
10-Rooftops and tiki torches
11-Humidity. It’s like the outside is hugging you. What’s not to like?
12-Naps in the sun
13-Italian ices, snow cones, ice cream, or fudgesicles. Orrrrrr all of the above.
14-Beaches.  Especially Carolina beaches.
15-Flea markets
16-Sidewalk cafes
17-Sweating and not even caring because you are so happy it isn’t winter in New York!
What’s your favorite thing about summer?  Email your top ten to carolhannah@carol-hannah.com to enter to win a copy of the Project Runway Wii game!  Photos encouraged!  Deadline is Friday, July 9th!
Happily Yours,
Carol Hannah

So I entered the contest only giving one (maybe two) reasons why I love summer so much. To spend time with my children. I know many parents who don't like to have their kids home for the summer but I just love spending as much time with my kids as I can. The other reason why I love summer is because there's no homework! (the dreaded homework). I also attached this picture which I just love of my kids that can be seen at the top of this post. It was taken last summer on the west cost, Naples Florida. It was mine and my son's birthday (we share the same day). We went over there for a weekend get away. Good times :)

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED????  I'll give you a hint ........




I won :) THANKS CAROL HANNAH!!  I can't wait to play the game with my daughter and maybe we'll have a game night at the girl cave (the sewing studio) and play with the students.

For all my students and all my readers go check out her blog and look at all the beautiful wedding gowns she did. I'm telling you she has an eye for beauty. At least to me :)

Have fun watching tonight!! I'll be running home after I teach 6 people how to use the sewing machine.

Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy