Jul 2, 2010

Make It Work Part 5 - SHINE!!

I have a little secret to tell you about how I make it work with my business, with my kids and with life in general, where I find my success.  


Do you know the kids song "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine"?  I really try to make each moment shine. And it's not about what happens around me or who does what to me.. It's about me. I've decided I'm going to shine. I'm going to give that to myself.  And believe me my life hasn't been a slice of pie. But with all its hard times I've let my soul shine. To be aware of what goes on around me and to learn what each moment has to offer me and to embrace life with love.

We've had a couple of weeks of summer now and I have to tell you my kids are fighting all the time (whats up with sibs and fighting?) and I'm already starting to get a lot "I'm board". Oh how slow life goes when you're a kid.  But with all of that my daughter says to me "Mommy, no one loves you as much as I do." that just makes me shine even more.  Or when they start telling  you "Your Mama" jokes they learned in camp, or just watching them sleep. And to see my daughter do her first dance solo.... Now, that just makes me shine even more and what sweet memories I take with me through life.

When I open the doors to my sewing studio I'm always happy. There's never been a time when I thought "I don't want to do this".  I've taught so many diverse people to sew fabric together, to make all kinds of different things.  I feel so lucky to be doing what I'm doing. I love people so much and to have them come to me to teach them a craft I learned so long ago, something that has brought me so much happiness throughout my life. And if they can only accept the gift given to them by first carving out time in their life to do it,  I just know they will shine with sewing in their life just like I have. And like anything in life running a business isn't easy sometimes... there's good times & bad times. My students know when they walk through my door they are going to be greeted with someone who loves what they're doing.. I shine while I'm at L2S and people see it.

And look, nothing is easy. Life is real hard sometimes but I've decided for myself a long time ago that "this little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine"   It's my choice, none others ~ it's my life.. none others. I decide how to be through life so I'm letting it shine through the good and bad, with each passing moment. And when you let it shine people feel you because you shine so bright that they shine too. And if we all were shinnin' IMAGINE! (we'd have no war, no killing) Imagine the peace ~ the Love looming all around... and that thought makes me shine!


 LET IT SHINE! Do it for yourself...
 

Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy


Make it work ~ Sharing my adventure of being a parent/business owner and how I make it work.
Make It Work Part 1 
Make it Work Part 2 - Lessons