May 21, 2010

Did you know...

Did you know you can make your own hook and eye tape with twill tape if you can't find any at JoAnn's to buy?


One of my students needed hook and eye tape for a project to enter a contest through JoAnn Fabrics. Everything must be bought at the store to enter the contest. Guess what - none of the local stores have any hook and eye tape. 


Next best thing is to make your own. I had the idea to hand sew hooks and eyes to twill tape then sew another layer of twill tape on top with the machine. When you can't find what you need just like in life you make it work. I'll let ya know how well it works and show you pictures when the project is finished.

UPDATED 5/24: I received an email - Hi I saw your blog and thought our site,  twilltape.com might be an interesting source for you. Please check us out sometime.
Thank you, 
John


Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy