Apr 11, 2010

Week in Review 4/11/10 - Back in Business

 After two weeks of being closed to move to my new wonderful location classes started again on Wednesday. Some class canceled because of illness.

9 people attended the machine class
1 person came to cutting class to cut a jean skirt
7 people attended sewing class making blankets, pants, dress, tunic, skirt, toddler dress and curtains. 


I had more people attend the machine class this week than any other. I had one student bring a very old singer machine given to her by her grandmother. It was in beautiful condition kept in a box. I wish I had taken a picture of it but it wasn't something I thought of until after the class. 

Laura's been coming to class sewing a vintage pattern. She made the pants the last time she attended sewing class and worked on her tunic this week. The whole outfit is coming out really cute.

She bought this vintage Simplicity 8730 pattern online about 10 years ago and just now decided to learn sewing and make this and another pattern.  I love the look of the older patterns. It reminds me of the days of my youth. I'm having a lot of fun teaching her how to construct this very easy pattern. The top is one piece with a center back seam only and darts in the back shoulders, bust, and underarms to the waistline. I'll have to take a picture of the inside next time she brings this pattern to class.


It was a good first week at my new location. There's still some work to be done like sew some curtains, run base in the restroom and hang some shelves but the place is coming right along.

I'm also moving my evening classes giving my students 30 more minutes to get to class. They will now be 6:30-8:30 because I have control over my AC and can leave it on longer. And I just love the longer days with the daylight sticking around late into the evening.


Next week classes
Cutting Tuesday 6-8pm
Sewing Wednesday 11am-1pm and 6:30-8:30pm
Sewing Thursday 10am-2pm 
Machine Thursday 6-8pm
Machine Friday 10am-12n
Sewing Friday 1-3pm
Cutting Saturday 10am-12n
Sewing Saturday 1-5pm


Classes are starting to fill up for next week already. If you pland on coming in give me a call to make sure your seat is reserved. 


I'm also going to get some work on my own sewing projects next week. Seeing I got paint on a couple of pairs of pants I need to make some new ones and JoAnn's has their denim on sale right now.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy