Apr 30, 2010

Make it work Part 2 - Lessons

In Part 1 of make it work I talked about how we never stop learning. There's lessons all around just waiting for us to learn. Sometimes things don’t go the way we want. When things don’t happen the way you want you have to learn the lesson that that something is trying to teach you I talked about the first time you sew something you aren’t going to make gold. It takes a few times of doing a sewing technique to make your gold. Each time you do the technique you get better. Each time you learn or find out what you did wrong and you try something different until you make gold.

Sewing is a lot like life. If we don’t learn our lessons they will only repeat themselves until we do learn them. The goal in life for all of us is to live our lives with as many smiles as we can and live life full of love . All the things around us decide if we are having smiles and finding love. When we don’t give ourselves what we love we don’t have many smiles. It’s the decisions we make each day that determine our surroundings. If you don’t like what surrounds you or what’s happening to you, you have to learn what the moment is trying to teach you and do something different, try a different technique until you bring yourself smiles and love, until you make your gold.

There’s two questions I ask my children everyday when I pick them up from school:
Tell me something you learned today because each and every day has lessons to teach us.
The second question I ask is tell me something good that happened because when we focus on the good things and not the bad we have more smiles. The bad things that happen are lessons waiting for us to learn them. The good things that happen are lessons learned.

I started last week with the shadow reflecting on my wall LEARN. I should have known I was being reminded to learn my lessons of the week so they wouldn’t repeat themselves. I’m not going to tell you the bad things that happened, just say I need to be more in control of classes, my home, my kids and my business. No one's perfect all the time in everything. When bad things happen in life I stop and think about what happened, how it happened and when the situation comes up next time how I can handle it better to achieve success. I do this in many aspects of my life, all the different hats I ware to achieve a successful life.

Success is different for many people. I've had several people look at what I've achieved in awe at my success. Then I think to myself I could do so much better than I am. I view others I come across and think how can they fit all of that in their life and make it all work? Most of how people make it work are goals they set for themselves. That will be part 3 of this series, setting goals.

The only thing we all have the same – we all share is 24 hours in each day. We can’t get more time or take away time. We all live 24 hours. It’s what you do with your 24 hours that determine what kind of life you have, if you fill them with smiles our tears. It’s your choice.......

Until next time, Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun, Cindy