Apr 21, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know pressing fabric is a lot like curling your hair?



Long ago I earned a living as a hairstylists. When I did hair I would teach my clients what was happening to their hair while I work on it. I've always been a teacher.

When you heat your hair the bonds break down. The bonds are reformed when they cool off to make either curly hair straight or straight hair curly. (Right Faye?) To get the very best look you want to let your hair cool down before you start to style it.

Fabric works the same. When you're pressing you want to let the fabric cool down so you can get a really good crease/press in the fabric.

So after you curl/straighten your hair and iron your fabric let it cool off before you mess with it to get the best results.

On a parting note: a hairstylists nightmare. Little one got sent home with lice yesterday. I'm in lice hell. They wouldn't let her back in school today because there's still some nit in her hair. One thing I have learned that really helps take them out is put vinegar in the hair. It blows up the lice so you can see them to pull out. I just can't see that well to pull them out.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy