Mar 21, 2010

Week in Review - 03/21 2010 - No more sewing on the circle

I say no more sewing on the circle because my old location was on City Hall Circle right across the street from City hall. Well, yesterday was my last class at that location.

Since I haven't done a week in review the past couple of weeks I thought I would catch up on some of the projects that were made.

Before I show you some things I have to say how funny people are. When they know you're going to be around daily they have a tendency to blow you off but when they know you're not going to be around for a couple of weeks they all run to class. Needless to say last weeks sewing classes were all full.



And lots of projects were made - some even got their pictures taken.


And did you know you could buy fabric at Ikea? 
That's what the fabric came from for this bag.


Sometimes when your pattern has a lot of pieces and you can't tell the right side from the wrong side of the fabric it's best to lay them all out and mark the wrong side with the pattern number. Then when you have to sew the center front to the side center and the center back with the side back then sew the side back with the side front and you have to do this with fabric and liner it makes it a lot easier and faster process in sewing. ~ which we did on this pattern.

Then I have to say how proud I am of Scott. He finished both his dresses he cut out in class a few weeks ago all on his own. I showed him in class a couple of weeks ago how to use a twin needle to give this effect to the neck facing and belt. I hope you can see it in the picture. I still need to get a finish project picture from him.


So, now I'm closed to finish all the work that needs to be done at the new location. I slowly moved things over the past couple of weeks carrying a few things at a time out the door. The only thing left to do is move the big things over but that can't get done until the new flooring is installed.

Tomorrow is painting. And to make things more exciting little one came home with a fever from dance class on Saturday. She's been running close to 103 fever and has a very bad cough. She has broke the fever but she's going to stay home from school tomorrow. Not sure how much work will actually get done with "hold me mommy" :)

I'll have to take some pictures of the process creating a new sewing studio.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy