Mar 12, 2010

Moving Update

Since it's pouring down rain right now and I can't leave I thought I would give an update on what's going on with the move.

First let me say I can't wait to move from this building. My AC is included in the rent and since I've given notice my landlord has decided not to give me air for my evening classes. They were leaving it on until 8pm each night before the whole building get's shut down. Now they have decided to turn it off at 5pm. It's hot in here in the evening. But, (I'm always looking for the good) there's only 3 more evening classes at this location. And because it was warm I had my windows open. The trashy tenants upstairs decided to throw garbage through my window. I didn't realize it until the end of the day when I went to close up. Really bad karma at this place. I can't wait to leave it behind.

There's still  a lot of work that needs to be done at the new location. Installing a new wall while taking down another. Moving some electrical outlets and light switches. I've gutted the restroom because it was pretty nasty looking. I'm installing a new potty (funny when you have kids you call it a potty LOL) new sink and flooring. I have some of the walls painted but I need to do another coat because the first one didn't come out that great. Then there's the moving all the implements of sewing construction over and setting it back up again.

Because it's taking me (ok, the husband) a lot longer to do the work than I thought it would take I've decided to close for 2 weeks so I'm not rushed to get everything completed to open up again. Next Saturday (March 20) will be my last class date. The classes are filling quickly because people want to attend before I close for 2 weeks. I'm going to open again April 7.

Another reason why I'm taking 2 weeks off is because the kids are out of school and I think they deserve to do fun things on their vacation and not just be pushed here or there while their mom works. The main reason why I opened this business is to give my kids as much as my time as I can while they are young. Soon enough they will not need me and I'll be able to teach more hours.

I haven't been able to get any sewing done for myself but have had fun helping my students sew their projects. My house is a mess because I'm spending all my free time on this move. It's going to take me a week just to get the house clean again because I'm a clean freak that has to have everything just so or I feel like my word is falling apart. So hopefully things will settle down in a few weeks with a clean house and my own sewing projects again.

On a parting note: Don't forget we turn our clocks ahead tomorrow night. It's not going to be fun waking the kids up earlier next week. But thankfully they didn't do FCAT testing the week we turn the clocks like they did last year. FCAT ended yesterday for both of my kids. They are both thankful it's over. They both hate that test. It's stresses them out.

Posting without a picture feels funny :) but the rain has slowed down and it's time to hit the road.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy