Feb 17, 2010

Sewing Donations

I got a phone call last week. Maria called to say she wanted to donate a few patterns to the school.

I've been very blessed with people giving me things through the year, mostly fabric.

We met Monday half way at JoAnn's Fabric in Davie. It's funny how things happen. I pulled up next to her car. As I got out of my car I heard "are you Cindy? You look the same but your hair is a different color than your picture."

Maria handed me two big bags with 98 patterns in them - WOW! And I was all ready to hit the pattern sale to buy 5 for $5. Ha! (really bad picture because I was excited to get so many patterns - my mom came over and we were talking while I was doing this - 101 things at once.. LOL)
 
Most of the patterns are from the 80's and 90's. A few of them are duplicates in different sizes. All woman patterns and a few girl dresses. 
Maria quilts now and hasn't sew garments in years. I told her about Once Upon A Quilt and asked if she went there. The owner, Robin and my sister-in-law went to high school together. If people are interested in quilting I send them there. She had forgotten about it and said she would stop by sometime. I was happy I was able to give her something in return for all her patterns.

THANK YOU MARIA! It was well worth the drive to meet you.

Parting note: The daddy didn't bring home his screw gun (guess I have to nag) :) so no pictures to show of the "after" room makeover. Hopefully soon.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy