Jan 19, 2010

Monday Night Classes

I try to offer as many classes as I can to accommodate everyone's schedules. But there's times when I offer so many classes that some classes have few or no enrollment. Because Wednesday evening sewing classes have been slow I've decided to no longer offer Monday night sewing classes.

There's also another reason why I'm no longer going to work on Monday night. I have so much on my plate and feel like I can't get everything accomplished for my business and home with the 24 hours given to me. I've been sick a lot the past 6 months. When I get sick and can't do everything on my plate things back up on me. When things back up I feel stressed out trying to get everything accomplished. When I get stressed I get sick. Can you see the circle I'm in?
This week on my day off (Sunday) my back decided to go out on me ~ more stress. I had to cancel my class last night (Monday). I didn't have anyone enrolled to class tonight so it gave me some time to not do a thing, put ice on my back and lay in bed and rest. My house didn't get cleaned or the never ending laundry done.


The kids have been out of school the past few days. It seems like my body knows when to get sick or give out on me when I'm not working (was sick Thanksgiving and part of their winter break last month) but it's not right for my kids to have to stay home with me while I recover from putting so much on my plate while they have time off from school. I wanted to take them to the skate park yesterday and do a walk but I was in too much pain - hopefully we can do it today. I'm moving around a wee bit better today. I still don't want to overdue it because my classes are starting to fill up for the week and I need to be able to move around the classroom without any pain.

I also have plans for Tuesday night classes starting in February. I'm going to have a Technique Night where I will be teaching different sewing techniques each week. Stay tuned for more information about this.

So, when things don't work change them. Things haven't been working for me with my body giving out. I have to listen to what my body is telling me...thus I must change things. No More Monday Night Class....


Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy