Dec 13, 2009

Week in Review 12/13/09

The past week went by real fast just like 2009 has. Can you believe there's only a couple more weeks left in the year?

This is the slow time of year at L2S thankfully because I'm still under the weather. I think because I start feeling better and do too much which knocks me down again.

4 people attended the machine class very excited to start sewing.
2 people attended the cutting class, cutting a dog bed and dress.
8 people attended sewing class working on dresses, cow costume, boys pants, baby hat, jackets and alterations.



Remember the cute little dress from a couple of weeks ago Dina made? Well there is now pants for brother to wear. They look so cute together. For her first time sewing projects I think they came out great. She knows what can be improved for next time because the first time you make something it never comes out the way you think. Meaning don't have high exceptions for your first sewing projects. It's a learning process. We rushed Wednesday night to get the pants finished. There's still some hand sewing to do but they wanted to be finished for Hanukkah.



Dana has been coming in on Saturday spending a few hours learning the things she has trouble doing at home. This is the best way to learn the art of sewing is to sew at home and when you get stuck to ask how to do it. She started this cute little top in class last week and finished it at home. She brought it back to class yesterday.

She started her next project and almost finished it yesterday, a lightweight knit jacket. She got as far as hemming the sleeves and bottom. She slipped it on and didn't like they way it looked on her at all. I thought it looked cute but she's young and it did age her. It looked like something I would wear. I didn't remember to take a picture of it because it was the end of the day, I was tired and was ready to end the day.

**************************************

I have one more full week of sewing classes before I take some time off. As soon as everyone get's their sewing machines for Christmas presents my classes will be full with smiling facings on their way to the wonderful world of sewing.

Next week classes:
Sewing Monday 6-8pm
Machine Tuesday 6-8pm
Sewing Wednesday 11am-1pm and 6-8pm
Sewing Thursday 10am-2pm
Cutting Thursday 6-8pm
Cutting Friday 10am-12noon
Sewing Friday 1-3pm
Machine Saturday 10am-12noon (one seat available)
Sewing Saturday 1-5pm

Hopefully I can get some of my sewing done next week. I make Christmas PJ's for the whole family to wear Christmas Eve. I also am making journals for my kids because they love to write. And every year I make my mom a lap blanket with my kids pictures of each month on it. And there's the Hannah Montana jacket that was made too small - another one is cut and half way sewn. I also want to make me a new pair of pants. The never ending sewing list :)

One last thing before I end this post: Project Runway Season Seven Promo Don't forget I'll be running another PR contest at the end of season 7.


Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy