Dec 3, 2009

Honest Scrap Blog Award

Since I started my sewing business I'm always looking at what other people do with sewing through blogs. One of my blog friends, Julia's sew sweet and special occasion clothing for children, has awarded me with the Honest Scrap Blog Award.

When I first read the award title I thought she was giving it to me because I'm recycle queen. LOL not so fast.....
Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EXLYUzDje7Y/SwyKjfV4DkI/AAAAAAAAAkw/tLAtQdUo88M/s1600/Honest_Scrap.jpgHere are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

I loved reading Julia's honest things. I learned a few new things about my friend. Maybe you will learn something new about me...maybe not :)

1. I like to sew LMAO - too funny huh? No really - I've been sewing since age 12. When I was in high school I took a fashion design course. I was taught the same things people pay $40k a year to learn) In that class our teacher took us to NY for a fashion tour. We visited simplicity pattern company, Revlon, modeling agencies, photographers. We were there for 5 days. After this trip I was really freaked out and didn't think I could make it as a designer seeing the high end of fashion. I came home, graduated and attended cosmetology school. I was a hair stylists for 10 years...but never stopped sewing. I miss the hair salon - but it's to physical for me to do now.

2. February will be 30 years my husband and I have been together. We aren't the same people we were way back then. We lived together for 9 years before we got married. Took another 9 years to have kids.

3. We were married on our snow ski's at Lake Tahoe at the top of Heavenly Mt. After being together for so long we wanted to just do it on our yearly skiing vacation. We looked in the phone book to find the person to marry us. It was only $100. Then when we came home we had a big party at a local park in our bathin suites. 

4. If I could do it all over again I would be a music critic. I love attending concerts. Can't afford them anymore though so we buy concerts on DVD's to watch. If I'm in a bad mood all I have to do is play some Led Zeppelin and it just changes everything inside me. I love Zeppelin so much I named my kids Bonham and Page. (their middle names) Some of my favorite concerts are Pink Floyd in the Orange Bowl, and Bruce Springstein will  never give you a bad show. We used to go to 2 - 3 concerts a week. We also saw U2 the first time they came to the US in a small club with about 100 people. Just awesome!

5. I've been wanting for years to loose the weight I gained with the pregnancies. I gained 50 lbs and every year I say I'm going to start treating myself better by taking off this weight but here goes another year past with nothing being done. I am going to do this before I turn 50. I have a couple of years LOL

6. I hate spending money. Really! I only try to buy what is needed. I think we consume too much in this country.

7. I am pro peace meaning against killing other humans out of fear. I grew up during war and now my kids are growning up during war. I hate war and think we should do anything we can not to be the bullies in the playground.

8. Because I'm pro peace I'm very involved in our government. We have a country of "we the people" and WE ALL NEED TO BE INVOLVED WHAT GOES ON. I'm sorry to yell but this is important to me. We all need to vote in every election. We only have 2 powers. The power of where we spend our money - stop giving your money to big corps who make record proffits while we suffer and when someone in the government doesn't do what is needed for all of us we need to vote them out of office. We have control how society is set up if we only get involved.

9. I'm a clean freak. Everything is has a place and is in it's place. When it's not I feel like my world if falling apart. This is something I've had to work on with my family. They're not like me and I can't freak out when they make a mess. They are ok with it - I'm not...so I often think if I wasn't around anymore would they clean the bathroom or would they try to get clean in a nasty bathtub.

10. I've been blessed with so much love for other people. I look at all of us a equals - no better or worse than the next person. Love begets love..hate begets hate. I hope my love will be felt by the people who cross my path.

Now - who to give the award to? Like I do with all awards I can't just pick a few. I feel everyone should deserve awards. So anyone who is reading this post the award goes to you if you choose to accept it.

I can't believe I'm sick again. I took 5 days off and in bed for 3 of them. I was sick in August with the same thing. I was suppose to have 4 people in sewing class today. They all canceled because of sickness. My daughter woke up this morning with a sore throat and 100 fever. I think we all need to take a week off to stay home so we stop giving one another germs.  But...since no one came to class today I was able to get some sewing in- YIPPEE!


Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy