Nov 16, 2009

Project Runway Contest - What Happened to the POLL?


I have to say, having the idea to do the Project Runway Contest and actually running the contest has been tons of fun for me and the students.  

Sometimes you have to be creative and this was a way for me to advertise my sewing classes. It's also a way to give back to my students who are giving their all to the art of sewing. My first thought was to let the local news papers and tv stations know if they were doing a story on Project Runway and wanted to give it a local twist I had one for them. I've been in contact with them but no response. I think because this season really blows. It doesn't have much excitement to it. 

Something I didn't think would happen was how many hits I would get all over the world. It's been fun to watch to see where the visits come from. I know some about my students and can figure out who was voting depend on what part of the world they were from, where their families live. 


Another thing I didn't think would happen - someone would freep my online pole. I didn't care how many people you voted for, I only wanted people to vote one time.  I noticed a few of the same IP address hit - then the votes would go up for someone by 10-15 votes from one visit. On one day - one person received 30 votes in 1 minute with only one person on the site and over 200 votes in one day. I had to dump the poll. As much fun as it was to watch everyone vote - I had to get rid of it.

************************

What to do? I kept stats since the poll started every few hours. I know who was in first, second and third place most of the time since the poll started. I'm going to use that information along with the feedback I've gotten class about the entries to make a decision on who will win the contest. It's the only fair thing to do.


I've learned a lot about this contest and how I want to do it again. Yes, I'm doing it again when the new season of Project Runway starts in January. At the end of the season I'll be holding another contest. I have a lot of great ideas because hey, we learn from our mistakes.


I'll announce who won this contest after the last episode airs on Thursday night. Check back then to see who the judge (that's me) picks.





Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy