Oct 21, 2009

Are You Playing Project Runway With Me?

I started my Project Runway Contest when the show started 9 weeks ago. All you have to do is enter a garment or two before November 5th.

As of yet I have no entries to the contests! I'm giving away 20 hours of FREE sewing class for first place - 10 hours for second place and 5 hours for third place.

I've had several people tell me they want to enter. You need to fill out an entry form and bring in your project for me to photograph it.



Learn 2 Sew Project Runway Contest 2009 ~ Entry Form

NAME:
GARMENT NAME:
FABRIC/ MATERIALS USED:
WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR PROJECT?

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO MAKE THIS PROJECT?


RULES

If you want to play all you have to do is:
1) You must be a student at Learn 2 Sew. Anyone who has taken a class or will be taking a class at Learn 2 Sew may enter to win.
2) Sew a garment or two (you can enter as many as you want). You must sew them yourself. I'm going by the honor system on this. I will be able to tell if you had it professionally made.
3) Bring your project in to Learn 2 Sew to have pictures taken of your design. I will also inspect the garment to make sure it was made by you.
4) Describe the garment in writing. Tell me what kind of fabric you used and a little bit about your project like what you like about it and what inspired you.
You can sew your project in class or at home.
The deadline to turn in your design is Thursday November 5.
All the designs will be posted on Learn 2 Sew Florida blog and at the sewing center on November 6 when voting begins. Anyone can vote for your design only one time but can vote one time for as many entries as wanted. Voting will end when Project Runway season ends on Thursday November 19. The design with the most votes will win the prize of 20 hours of sewing class. Second place will win 10 hours of sewing class and third place wins 5 hours of sewing class.
One prize per person. - The winners will be announced on Friday November 20.

ALL ENTRIES WILL RECEIVE $5 OFF ANY SEWING CLASS AT LEARN 2 SEW

I'm not making any money off this contest. I'm doing it for fun and to give back to my students who really give it their all in the art of sewing.

So - hand in your entries if you're a student of mine. Your chances of winning free hours at sewing class are great!

On a parting note: This is my 199th blog entry. My next post will be 200...and boy what a ride it's been! More to come...

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy