Sep 11, 2009

Friday Night Sewing Pants and Remembering

Yeah! I got to sew tonight. I finished my brown pants. I love brown. It makes feel all warm and fussy inside. I a feeling needed on September 11th.

Little one (my daughter) is/was at dance class. Not so little one is home with his father doing man and little man things. Mommy get's to sew ... I'm happy :)

Of course everything's at the sewing center so here I am sewing my nice brown pants listening to Bruce Springsteen. He's playing here in Sunrise Sunday night. But sadly I won't be attending. If you've never seen Bruce he is a must see concert even if you don't like his music. He knows how to entertain and he'll give you your money's worth and then some. I do like his music. He wrote some great songs after 9/11. Empty skies will always have a place in my heart. I don't live far from Ft. Lauderdale airport. When there were no planes flying for a few days after the towers fell, it was a strange thing...not hearing any planes in the air...empty skies.

It's different how my kids view what happened 8 years ago today from myself. My daughter said they colored pictures and the whole school had a moment of silence. Today for me is when all things changed on the playing board. So much has happened since that day. Will we ever get back what we had or is it gone forever? before the terror ..something our kids will never know. It becomes natural for them - living with the fear. For me it is another day that will pass with deep sadness. But with the death that happened this day makes me understand more what a precious gift we have in our life. How we use our gift is up to us but the best way to honor the ones who have lost their gift is to have as many smiles in our moments as we can.

So, here I sew. Making my new brown pants. Listening to Bruce.... Life is good! The only thing that could make this moment better is to have a beer. Hey, its Friday night and I love beer. Can't you see my beer belly in the photo LOL - ok - that's my baby belly I never got rid of after the babies were born- so all my pregnant students *and there seams to be a lot of them* don't think you can just eat anything you want! Umm...beer :)

Full sewing classes tomorrow. Let's hope I remember to take some pictures for the week in review this weekend.

Until next time
May we all find peace inside ourselves,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy