Aug 22, 2009

Week in Review

After having to cancel my classes last week from being sick, I couldn't wait to get back to Learn 2 Sew to feed my passion. It was a busy week with most classes full. A full week of sewing and I still didn't get enough. I have a few projects I'm working on - just need more hours in the day. You now how it is.

As normal, I was so busy teaching and sewing I didn't think to pull the camera out until after everyone left. Some of the things sewn or in the process of being made this week were: A wedding gown, jacket, jeans, wrap dress for the beach, a couple of blouses, a few handbags and lots of alterations. In this economy a lot of people want to save money on fixing their own clothing. Lot's of hems were sewn this week.

A couple of pictures I did take....


And I promise I'll take pictures next week. The wedding gown is almost done and is coming out beautiful for a first project. Maybe I'll take a couple of video's too..

Today I had a woman drive from Port St. Lucie to enroll to my classes. This by far is the furthest anyone has driven to take my sewing classes. I'm amazed all the time how far people drive. Port St. Lucie is 2 hours one way. I'm in love with the passion people have to learn the art of sewing. My rewards are giving others my knowledge and watching what they do with it. It's wonderful what can be created with a little knowledge. And there are so many creative people out there.

Until next time.
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy