Aug 2, 2009

Week in Review

I actually remembered to take some pictures of students projects so I thought I would end the week with sharing some finished projects and smiling faces.

A couple of dresses made in a few hours - she was a good student and learned fast. One was a Gator dress to wear to the football games because she goes to school in Gainesville. She has a few orders from her friends to make more.


This dress took a few sessions to make and the student and I were both happy when it was finished. Her hard work paid off because she made a beautiful Vogue knit dress pattern V1020 view C. She made this project to learn how to work with stretchy fabric. The instructions had her install a zipper in the side seam which wasn't needed since she could get in and out of the dress with out unzipping the dress.


A really easy red dress made in a 2 hour sewing class.


And I always love to see the smiles when students start seeing their projects coming together. This is a finished bodice ready for the skirt part of the top.


And a parting shot: I have to give a big thank you to my neighbor at the sewing center, Lee with A Place For Tickets. We ran into one another yesterday afternoon and he handed me two tickets to the Demi Lovato (a Disney girl who has her own tv show and was in the movie Camp Rock) concert last night. Ally just loves Demi and just bought her CD last week. We had the best time going to her concert. And I have to say it's real different going to a "teen" concert with all the screaming girls. I love going to concerts but in all my years I've never attended a "concert" like that one. LOL Ally sang all the songs - while I enjoyed watching the lead guitarist. We had really good seats and could see everything. The opening act was the guy who won American Idol, David Archuleta. He was..ahh... and Jordan Pruitt who was better. But Demi is only 16 yrs old. This girl will be around for a long time. She has talent.


The last week of summer camp starts tomorrow so I'll be posting about it during the week. It's always fun to have the kids sewing.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy