Jul 12, 2009

Week in Review

We had another fun filled week of sewing at learn to sew.

7 people learned how to use a sewing machine in the machine classes and are off to a great start to the wonderful world of sewing.

4 people attended cutting class learning how to cut out aprons, handbag and shorts.

12 people attend sewing class sewing a jumper, baby bibs, jean bag, dolls, 2 dresses, apron, skirt, 2 blouses and a bikini.

One of my students brought in her new baby lock serger machine. I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it. It's amazing.... I want one so bad :) I'm not happy with my serger, always breaking down - I think I got a lemon. So Michelle, I can't wait for you to come back to class with your serger.

And me, what did I sew? I'm trying to do a remodel at my sewing center. You have to live in a space for a while before you know what you want to do with it. I have now been at this location 7 months. - While my daughter and I were on our sewing date Monday I made some curtains to go across the front of my windows while she worked on her halter top. I also recovered my ironing boards. Sometimes I don't have the time to sew like I want to. There's only 24 hours in a day. I wish there was more but....

Next week:
Another week of camp starts Monday afternoon with 5 happy campers attending, 2 of which have taken years past sewing camp. So keep an eye out for the summer camp post.

I have 1 machine class, 2 cutting classes and 4 sewing classes scheduled for next week. Seats are available so check the calendar to see what works best for you.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy