Jun 29, 2009

Sewing Date

Last week my daughter attended my summer camp. She wasn't able to finish "all" her projects so I told her we would make a few sewing dates over the summer where only her and I would sew. We had our first date spending 4 hours at the sewing center today.

She finished making her grandmother's birthday present. She made pillows that spelled out Nana (except her N's ended up looking like H's). We also cut out her next project, a halter top. Picked out 2 more patterns to go with the fabric she bought. I worked on my scrap fabric top - not liking so much the way it's coming out. I have ideas though. I was given tons of cut out from a designer. It's a bunch of smaller pieces I spliced together.

We had a lot of fun. I think she likes playing her music over my laptop and dancing more than she likes sewing :) dance is in her blood like sewing's in mine.





video


Sewing all day with my daughter, going back for evening classes and still I want to sit at the machine and sew more. I'm thinking about buying a machine to have at home. All my supplies and machines are at the sewing center. I have to drive about a mile away to get to them :)

I'm only doing evening classes this week to spend some time with little one making some mother daughter memories for the summer. They grow up so fast...

And if you can believe it this Saturday is July 4th. I'll be taking a 4 day weekend and can't wait to just play and make many smiles with both my children.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy