May 15, 2009

Where does time go?

OK, today is Friday. What happened to the week? The time flew by. A lot of things are changing. Soon the kids will be out of school June 4th and it will be summertime. Time to take vacations and have summer camp. But before we get there we have to end the school year.

There's been a lot of people sick. My daughter almost missed her dance competition last weekend because of a fever. They took first place in the competition beating out the older girls in her dance studio. A lot of people have been coming to sewing class not feeling so well. She stayed home a couple of days from school. That's always fun when you think your day will go one way and it goes another. We have another dance competition this weekend. I wanted to upload a video to share but...that takes a long time of which I have none :)

My son is moving from 5th grade to 6th and moving to Awesome Olson Middle School next year. We found out this week his principal Kim Finn received principal of the year. I'm very excited for my son and his future at his new school. But we have to get through another couple weeks of 5th grade first. To end his school year the 5th graders went to Orlando yesterday on a field trip starting at 5am and not getting home until 11pm. It was almost midnight before we settled him down. There's nothing like being a kid and doing things for the first time. We've been working on not much sleep this week.

And if you watch any TV a lot of the shows are ending this week. I watched some crazy twist at the end on both Grey's Anatomy and Lost. It's going to be a lot wait to see what happens in both of these shows. I also had the pleasure of seeing Star Trek for mothers day. I just loved that movie and can't wait to see it again.

When the kids weren't consuming my time this week I was able to put together a few "ready to sew" projects for students who want to learn to sew a project but don't have time to go to the store. I'm goal is to add a pattern a week to the list of ready to sew projects.

This week no one wanted to take advantage of my new class "field trip to the fabric store". So next best thing was to pick up the fabric, trims, needles, a couple of patterns. Why is it you can never go out empty handed when you visit the fabric store?

Again, I was really bad about taking pictures. Some of the projects that were made were a machine cover, toddler dress, preschool graduation dresses, bikini alterations, a few beautiful dresses one of which I took a picture of the pattern and fabric. We almost finished this project in class but ran out of time before we finished the tie and hem. All projects are moving along good with a lot of progress being made.

Tomorrow I have full classes. I'm going to leave the camera sitting right on the counter. Let's hope I'll have some visuals to share with you tomorrow.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments (because time passes by so fast) ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy