May 6, 2009

Field Trip to the Fabric Store

For something that comes so easy for me, shopping for fabric can sometimes be very difficult for someone who is new to sewing. I've had several students who tell me they feel lost trying to buy supplies for their first project. They spend hours in the store. When the experience is over they feel frustrated.

Visiting the fabric store should be a fun time. If you feel like you need help picking a project and getting all the supplies needed for your project I'm going to be doing a field trip to the fabric store.

I'll be doing this field trip a couple times a month. We will meet in front of Jo-Ann Fabric at 4700 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL‎ - (954) 966-9660‎. If you come late just look for me in the store. The field trips will be in the evenings from 6-8pm.

If you need help - check the calendar for the dates. Enroll to the class online, pay in advance at the sewing center or call to let me know you're coming and pay cash at the door. There's a $20 fee to attend.

If no one enrolls to the field trip - I will stand out front of the store for 15 minutes. I will not be at the store for the full 2 hours. Don't assume I will be there and show up unannounced.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy