Feb 17, 2009

Time for Celebration and Smiles

This post isn't about sewing. I've been tagged by Nani to list 6 things that make me smile and to tag 6 others to make a list.

My husband and I have been together for 29 years. It took us many years to have children. When I was 36 I got pregnant with my son. His arrival date was Feb. 9, 1998. My little man decided to come late to life. After waiting for so long to hold a child he arrived on my birthday Feb. 17. My little angel had arrived and the bond we share in having the same birthday has made our relationship stronger. (picture was from a couple of years ago - I love this pic)

Happy Birthday to my Dean -O-Bambino. It's hard to believe you're 11 yrs old today.

1. The first thing that makes me smile are my children. I'm in awe of them when they don't drive me crazy :) and if your a parent you know what I mean. Everything I do - I do for or because of my children.

2. Sewing when I find the time. It's my yoga. It's a time when I can tune the world out. And creating things that others ohhh and awww over is a wonderful feeling.

3. Opening my business and teaching people to sew: I can't tell you how rewarding it is for me to watch what people do with the knowledge I give them. To see them start business and make a living from this knowledge. It's very rewarding for me.

4. Having Obama as our President: I protested and fought to change the last administration. I have friends who's children have died in Iraq and I've seen first hand how our government treats the military their families and the gold star families. I cried for 3 days (tears of joy) when we all showed up to vote in the past general election. Usually we only get 20-30% show up to vote. This time we had 85% at the polls. I think this was "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more" election. Thank you all for voting and please keep showing up when your country needs you. And many smiles on January 20.

5. Watching my TV show's I love so much. Project Runway, Gray's Antimony, Desperate Housewives. And I really miss Boston Legal. I usually try to wind down at night - crash on the sofa and go where the shows take me.

6. Being Alive. Life is a precious gift with moments that are to be enjoyed with lots of smiles. I often have a smile on my face without knowing it. I have people smiling at me all the time because they think I'm smiling at them. Take the good each moment has to offer you. Don't feed the bad because when we are at our last breath and look back on our lives we can leave with a smile knowing we lived the best that life had to offer us.

Who am I tagging? All of you. Pass a smile along. When you're having a bad day try not to have others control your attitude. Make the choice to look at the good things the moment has to offer. Live your life in the moment because they are treasured gifts to you. How you use your gift is up to you.

With many smiles and until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy