Feb 6, 2009

Easy 15 minute Sewing Project

My son who will soon be 11 yrs old has out grown one of his favorite t-shirts. I thought I would surprise him by doing a little recycle project. Make a pillow out of his old t-shirt he loved so much.

First thing you have to do is pin and sew together the neckline, sleeves and the bottom of the shirt leaving a little opening to stuff.


One thing I do when I want to leave an opening is always put in double pins to remind myself not to sew in between the pins. If you do things the same way all the time you have less chances of making mistakes.

Stuff your shirt with polyfill or old scrap fabrics cut up. Sew your opening closed and....there you go. A pillow.
My son loved it when I brought it home last night. I made it in 15 minutes after my class was over. It was great to see him smile when I gave it to him.

Last week I made a lunch bag for my daughter. I couldn't see buying her another one since we are more than half way through the school year. The next best thing was to make her one. This project was a 3 time recycled fabric. More to come next post...

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments - make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy