Jan 24, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Awards - Who Knew?


I'm always telling my students there's so much information online and if they don't know how to do something or don't understand terminology to look it up online because chances are they can find all kinds of tutorials and sometimes a youtube video.

I love reading other sewest blogs. I learn from them and get wonderful ideas for my projects. I've come across some wonderful people keeping up with their post and watching their projects progress. I've recently met Faye. She has a blog called Cutting Edge Designs that I've been following for a few months now.

Faye has also been reading my blog and leaving comments which I love so - give me some love and leave me a comment if your reading this. We've recently found out how much we're alike on so many different paths we've taken in life.

Faye gave me my very first blog award. The Kreativ Blogger Award. How cool is that? I'm on cloud nine...I got an award! All in the same week the big O took office. Hehehe. Life is good :)

From Faye:
I visit so many blogs and all of these people are SO CREATIVE. I can't tell you how inspiring and educational they all are. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new. Sewing blog surfing is an education in it's self. Here are links to some of the new blogs I've discovered recently as well as some that I've been visiting since I started blogging. Be sure to check them out:

  1. SEW SASSY AGAIN
  2. SEW MUCH TO SEW
  3. SEW ON AND SEW ON
  4. ALVIANA
  5. CLEVER GIRL
  6. LEARN TO SEW IN FLORIDA
  7. BACK PORCH BLESSNGS
These 7 bloggers have been notified of their nominations and if accepted these are the Rules and Responsibilities of the award--

1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Link to those on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.

THANK YOU FAYE!

So, I guess I have to pick other blogs I would like to give an award to. I already have Faye linked to my blog list.

I would like to give two of my students the award because they have really fun blogs to follow and both are so creative in everything they attempt
Molly - modisto shop
Nani - Cholicate and Wine

I would also like to give the award to Carolyn at diary of a sewing fanatic. It looks like she's already received the award a couple of time which goes to show how good her blog is. And..She's an Obama girl. How could you not like her?

And someone I found through Carolyn was Anne. She has a fun blog too at Gourgeous Things' Blog. It's such a small world one of my students, Carol, also told me about Anne and how much she loved to buy fabric from her and how wonderful her fabric was.

That leaves me with 3 more to award. I think this award should be more for "personal sewing blogs" but there are couple of blogs that I read daily that I would like to share and I'm sure many of you know about them. Wardrobe Refashion because it is so much fun to see what all kinds of people do with refashing clothing. And Blogging Project Runway because I love Project Runway.

My last award will go to all those who help keep the art alive. To all my students, to all the bloggers out there, to everyone who love to sew as much as I do.

Until next time.
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy