Jan 28, 2009

A few items to end the month

I wanted to end the month by telling you about the sewing party last night, share a students project and someone who has a big heart and trying to raise money for the Humane Society of Broward County

The few people that showed up to the free sewing party last night had fun. I had the party to celebrate my new location. Twelve people RSVP to the party. I had to turn a few people away who wanted to come because I thought the party was full. I only had 3 people come in to sew and a couple of people who came to hang out and chat and sign up for some classes using the great discounts I was giving for the night. I am so bad about taking pictures. I didn't think about it until after everyone left and I was cleaning up. It was fun to relax, have a drink (some beer ,some wine) and just sew. I really don't get enough time to sew for myself. I'm always working on students project. I was disappointed so many people told me they were coming in and not show up. Why do so many people do this? Say one thing and do another? I don't get it. :)

I also wanted to share another bags made by Molly. She started them in class last Saturday and finished them at home. She brought them in last night to show me. They came out great. She's using them for grocery bags. Again I forgot to take pictures but lucky for me she has a blog and took pictures. View her blog to see the bag she put an M on. It's cute. Good job Molly!

Last, Jesse works at my bank. She is a wonderful person who is always so pleasant with everyone. I've known her for a few years now. A couple of days ago we were talking about service to our community. She got all excited and asked if I could help her. She's doing a walk to raise money for the humane society. I told her I would pledge and if anyone would like to help her reach her goal I know she would be so thankful. You can make a pledge online. It goes to a great cause.

My classes have been filling up quickly. Everyone wants to sew! I'm lovin' it. The art is returning. And so many people are very creative. It excites me to see how creative they can be. I had a lot more students this January than January 2008. I can't tell you how rewarding it is for me to give my knowledge to others and watch what they do with what I give them.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy