Jan 22, 2009

Anne's Dress and Nani's Handbag

Anne started sewing in December. Her first project was this dress. She did such a wonderful job I had to share. And good thing I had my camera with me so I could share. I am so bad about taking pictures of my students projects.

Anne took her time cutting out her project. Because the fabric was lightweight and had some stretch to it took her a little time to pin and cut her fabric in the cutting class. Working with this kind of fabric for your first project takes some patience. Anne has patience.

She also has a high perfection level. When she didn't like a stitch she made she took it and and did it over. She took her time pinning and sewing. She also hand sewed all her lining in the bodice. Of course she did her hand sewing at home. When she brought her dress back in after she finished I could not believe her hand sewing. It was good!! Very small and constant stitches.

I am so very proud of Anne sewing this dress for her first project. I can't wait to see what she's going to sew next. She came in and cut out a bunch of pants...so...we'll see.


Nani started sewing this month. She got a new sewing machine for Christmas and came to the first machine class of the year. She caught on quickly and asked some good questions.

She wanted to make a handbag for her first project. She used several different fabrics which she had to decide how to do in the cutting class.

Nani came in to one of my 4 hour sewing classes to sew her bag and got it finished before the end. It really came out great. She too took her time sewing. At the end I pinned a lot of her steps so she could get it done faster.

There are other bags in her pattern ready to cut out. I'm not sure if she started sewing them at home since she has a machine. She loves sewing, I'm sure she did sew more bags.

Check out her blog where she posted about sewing her bag and to view more pictures. She has some wonderful pictures of all kinds of things. It's a great blog to follow.


Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy