Dec 6, 2008

I NEED TO SEW!

Moving sure is hard work. I have been at my new shop all week setting things up and there's still more work to do. It's been a really hard week for me and being sick didn't help. I'm really looking forward to taking the week between Christmas and New Years off to spend some quality time with my children. But until then I have to get things back in order to start classes again on Tuesday evening.

Because I haven't been open since before Thanksgiving my desire to sew something is growing large inside myself. It's only been a couple of weeks but I feel like a junkie who hasn't been able to feed her addiction. I NEED TO SEW SOMETHING! And if you sew I'm sure your sewing list is as long as mine.

The first thing I want to make are Christmas pj's for the kids. Every year I make them pants with a t-shirt to match for them to sleep in for Christmas Eve. I pick out fabric for each kid with a theme for the pants. Buy a t-shirt (because you can't make them for as cheap as you can buy them) and print out some clip art on a t-shirt iron on transfer.

Last night my daughter and I went to the fabric store to use my 50% off coupons before it expired. (see how they get us junkies in the store) She picked out the bah-humbug lightweight cotton fabric ($2.79 a yard) and I picked out some heavyweight denim ($4.99 a yard on sale) to make these shorts into pants. We have had some wonderful weather the past few weeks and I need to move from wearing shorts to pants.

I can't wait to finish setting up my sewing school this weekend so I can cut and get sewing on these projects. I also have classes starting this week so hopefully I can stay after or come early for more sewing time. There's never enough time..... :)

So come in to see me at my new location. And if you haven't already sign up to my news letter (on the right side of this page). I'm going to be sending out a news letter soon with some great discounts to classes.

Don't forget - if your looking for a great Christmas present buy a Sewing Class Gift Certificate for your someone special.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy