Oct 3, 2008

October News Letter

I hope you had a wonderful week. Before I start my day of teaching I wanted to post my October News Letter. I emailed it out yesterday. I have one of my email addresses on my mailing list. Yesterday's news letter never made it to my inbox so I'm going to post it here.

I have a machine class this morning and sewing time this afternoon so come in and see me. I hope I can get some sewing done today and maybe have some pictures for you soon.
Here's the news letter:

Another month has passed. Can you believe it’s October already? Didn’t we just enjoy Labor Day last weekend? Time passes quickly and it is now time to start making your Halloween Costumes. Before you know it this month will pass and Halloween will be here.

There are many different kinds of costumes you can make. Each company has their own patterns. You could also refashion clothes from the thrift store to make your costume. If you need ideas you can always get them online. Start surfing and come up with something people will be talking about. My kids want to be a rock star and Indiana Jones so I'm going thrifting. You can check out what I made them last year here and here. It’s all fun, right?

If you would like to make a trick-or-treat bag I’m having a class to teach you how to sew the tote on Wednesday October 15 from 7 – 9pm. I have the supply list of things needed to make your bag on my website under Adult Classes under special classes at the bottom of the page.

I want to give everyone a heads up about the future of Learn 2 Sew. I’m moving to a new location. It’s time to build the business and move to a place that’s easier for you to get to. My last day open at this location will be Wednesday November 26. Since I’m very slow during the month of December I'll be closed the whole month and reopening in a new location to be announced the first week of January 2009. The new location will be in Hollywood. I want to be next to the interstate so it’s easy for you to come to class. I’m also going to have much more parking. I haven’t found a place yet but have my eye on a few and will be signing a lease soon. I hope to have the address of the new location in time for November’s news letter so keep your eyes out.

I blogged about a couple of things this month.

If you would like to share your projects send me your pictures and I will post them or just leave a comment if you have any questions about the post. Hopefully this is a way I can pass on my of my knowledge with you. Project Runway will be ending soon. I'll be blogging about this soon. When you finish your project in class remind me to take a picture (because I usually forget I'm so busy teaching) and I will post in on my blog

I hope to see you soon in class. Enroll to any sewing time class to sew Halloween Costume.

Until next time,

Enjoy your moments, make them "sew" much fun,

Cindy

Learn 2 Sew, Inc
902A N. 30 Road (moving - new location TBA)
Hollywood, FL 33021
954-649-5133
www.Learn2SewFlorida.com