Oct 27, 2008

Halloween Costumes

I had it very easy this year with what my kids wanted to be for Halloween. My daughter wanted to be Nancy Drew and my son wanted to be Indiana Jones.

For her we bought a brown coat at Target for $19 on the sale rack and shoes at payless for $17. She had the pants and shirt and headband. The only thing I had to make was her sleuth bag. I had a lot of fun making it. It opens up so "Nancy" can put all her detective things in it.



I made it where she could open it up with three different sizes. She actually pulled out her Nancy Drew movie to show me how she wanted it made. I put many different sizes of pockets and added plastic webbing inside to make it stiff. I bought one yard of $1 yard fabric and used velcro I already had or I would have probably bought better matching. I hid all my seams and I have to say I had a lot of fun making this.





For the Indiana Jones costume I bought a jacket at the thrift store and died it brown. Bought his pants at Target on the sale rack because the kid grows so fast he could always use more pants, his shoes and we found a real Indiana Jones hat. We had the white shirt and the whip. I only had to make his bag too. It took about 15 minutes to make using left over fabric I had in my stash. I used the selvage edge for the flap on the front of the bag to give it that Indie look.

And some costumes from Cami she made for her and Nick. She sent these to me last month and made a few different costumes this year. She really is good at sewing and very creative too...




I hope you have a wonderful and safe Halloween! I'm only having a Machine class in the moring on Friday...seats still available if you want to attend.

Until next time
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy