Oct 24, 2008

A GREAT sewing idea for College Students

As you know I get articles sent to me all the time with the words sew and sewing in them. I found a good one today that I want to share with you before I get ready for my day of teaching.

I really love this idea. If you are a UM student or any other college student this is a great way to make money.




UF student designs clothing line geared for game day
By SYDNEE NEWMAN, Alligator Contributing Writer
It began with some household cloth, Barbie–outfit stencils and a few Barbie dolls. Years later, her passion for hand–sewing dresses has become a business.

In three years, Natalie Kim, a UF English senior, has transformed a hobby into a successful clothing line, Game Day Couture.

She can usually be seen in class — knees up, notebook in lap, sketching out her next dress idea.


Kim designs and sews dresses for all ages. She sells her dresses in LaLa in the Tioga Town Center, which she supplies with 10 to 12 new dresses each week and sells an additional 10 per week to individual women.

The prices range from $75 to $80.

Kim came up with the idea for Game Day Couture four years ago when she couldn’t find an outfit to wear to her first Gator football game.

She whipped up a dress for herself in about three hours.


Read more of the article here

I don't have a lot of time, (the one thing I really wish I had more of) just wanted to share. I hope to get some sewing time in for myself today. I have many things cut out and a sleuth bag to finish I'll be taking pictures of and sharing. I've had fun making it.

Until next time.
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy,

No comments:

Post a Comment