Oct 14, 2008

Easy Shorts and a Top

My daughter needed some shorts to go to dance class. I used an old pair that fit her to make 3 new pair shorts for her. It took very little fabric. I used some knits I had laying around. And I only needed a little more than a 1/2 yard of elastic.



It only took less than a couple of hours to make all three. And the best part - she loves them.

I'm very happy I've had time to sew. I have a few more projects to cross off the list soon. I need to make costume bags for both kids. I also have more laptop bags cut out I would like to sew up soon. I'll have pictures of Halloween Costumes and other projects soon.

Carrie, one of my students came in and made this top. It came out really cute. She didn't want her picture taken :) It's all good. At least this time I remembered to pull out my camera and take a picture. She did a great job on her top - picked some beautiful fabric. Sometimes it's all about the fabric you pick for your project.

I had some other students attend this mornings sewing class and finished their projects - pants and a dress. I sure do wish I would remember the camera when they try on their projects. Julia made some black pants that came out really good and they only took her a little over an hour to make.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy