Aug 25, 2008

Rock Band Coldplay Sews - No REALLY!

I tell my students all the time theres a vast amount of places where they can get their education on sewing. One way I have educated myself is by using keywords emailed to me. I get any article that has been published online with the words sew and sewing in it. Sometimes it's a lot of nothing and other times you can't believe what you read.

I know sewing has become popular again. It's not a nerdy thing to do anymore. Project Runway has made it cool with the 2osomethings. And check this out. The rock band Coldplay sews their own costumes. Story brought to us by contactmusic.com. I would have never found out about this if I didn't use my keywords sewing.

COLDPLAY - SEWING HOBBY KEEPS COLDPLAY ROCKERS TIGHT-KNIT

Coldplay picture 5154783


Click for the COLDPLAY Gallery

Rockers COLDPLAY have revealed the unusual hobby they have taken up to help them unwind on tour - sewing.
Frontman Chris Martin claims the Yellow hitmakers have bonded while stitching their stage costumes, and insists their secret pastime has made them a more tight-knit group.
Martin says, "Making clothes together in our studio makes us feel complete. We probably sound like a group of grannies in a knitting circle but it's the truth and it gives us some control over our visual identity.
"We see if they have a sewing kit in the amenities draw in case we feel inspired.
"When you are a big band and everyone is taking shots at you, the more things you can do together the better.
"And if you're wearing uniforms made by your own hands it helps."

8/25/2008 12:08:07 PM

Coldplay picture 5154784
So how cool is that? My two passions meet - sewing and music. Now if I could just get Jimmy Page behind a machine. He does live here in Ft. Lauderdale. Did you see him at the Olympics closing ceremonies? Somehow I don't ever see that happening. How about Tool...think they would pick up the art of sewing? :) LOL You know it's all good.

Tonight I have a "sew a tote bag" class. A lot of people told me they wanted to attend. I don't have anyone who have actually enrolled. I have people ask me all the time to run special class. I do want to do what you ask for. I only wish people would enroll when I do have them. If there was some reason why you couldn't attend let me know. If it's a scheduling problem that is keeping people from enrolling I can always accommodate for the next special class (which is a zipper class by the way - check the website for more information)

I had to rock and sew with you,
Until next time.
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy