Aug 1, 2008

Last week of Summer Camp 2008 - Kids Sewing Classes

The summer is almost over and the last week of camp has ended. This was a slow year for summer camp. I few weeks I didn't have anyone enroll. When our economy is bad the first thing we cut back are what we can do for our children. My kids didn't do their yearly camp either. I don't think I will be offering as many weeks of camp next year. But I have to say my adult classes have been very busy. A lot of people want to learn to sew and having Project Runway on doesn't hurt.

So here are the new little sewers of the world. Again I had a lot of fun with these kids. I am always so surprised how fast kids pick things up. And giving them my knowledge is so rewarding for me.

We made a lot of clothing, more pillows, jean bags, fabric belts and purses. I didn't take pictures of all their projects but here are a few...



I'm going to start having Kid Classes every Wednesday from 4:30 - 6:30. If this time doesn't work out I'll change it to make it work for those who want to take the class. Hey, I'm flexible :) I'll also be having kid classes on Saturdays so watch the calendar when they will be scheduled.

I haven't been able so make many projects except a few that only take a couple of minutes to make. One night after class I cut a pair of jeans that were too short for my daughter and made a pair of shorts out of them. With the pant legs I made some pin cushions because I'm crazy about putting pins back in something so they don't end up in your foot. I also just got done making sewing machine covers that only took 15 minutes to make. It took me a few days but I did finish all the covers for my machines in the sewing center. I also covered a ironing board...all matching. I used fabric given to me. It was my daughters favorite color - purple. My next post will be how to make very easy covers to change up your sewing room. When you keep things the same around you creativity is stifled.


Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy