Jul 9, 2008

Policy Changes at Learn 2 Sew

My family had a wonderful time on vacation in Lexington KY. We got to visit family and meet a new member of our family. My daughter loved playing mom to her second cousin. We spent a crazy amount of money on gas and with the budget cuts across the state we didn't see any highway patrol throughout Florida giving "all" the speeding traffic tickets. I think it was the first time I drove through the state and never saw anyone getting a ticket.

I came home to a ringing phone and full classes. Monday my phone rang so often I wasn't able to keep up with all the calls. There were a few people I was unable to return their calls because they never left me their phone number in the message they left.

My classes this week are mostly full. I do have some seats available for Friday and Saturday's classes. They are filling quickly so if you want to attend let me know soon.

I'm making another policy change this week. People must pay for the class before they attend. My first class back from vacation Monday night was full - so I thought. I had several people who wanted to attend. A couple of people called me to reserve their seats and asked to pay when they came to class. They never showed up while others lost out who wanted to pay and attend. From now on I will not reserve a seat unless it is paid for in full prior to the class. And for people who pay for sever hours up front reserve seats to a class and don't attend will have their hours deducted from the class time paid. I am loosing too much money from people saying they will come only to never see them. I'm sorry I have to be this way but the actions of others have caused me to do this. It is very rewarding for me to pass on my knowledge to other people but I did open this business for financial reasons and don't want to be taken advantage of.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am. I can't tell you how much I love having my kids home instead of school. Oh yeah they fight a lot but I love spending time with them.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy