Jul 18, 2008

Sewing Summer Camp



This week's sewing summer camp was a lot of fun. We had 4 new sewers one one who attended camp last year. They started out not knowing anything and by the end of the week they had all these projects made.

They started out making tote bags while they learned the machine. 3 jean bags were made along with 2 handbags made from patterns, 3 pair of pj pants, blanket, skirt and I can't tell you how many pillows were made.

The kids had a lot of fun. I know they will be sewing for a long time. They understood what I was teaching them (even the times when I thought they weren't paying attention and just playing around they did remember what was being taught) It's amazing how different kids learn from adults. With kids usually I only have to say things one time and they get it. Some adults no matter how I explain how to do it some still can't get it.

And another thing that happened this week that put a real big smile on my face. While I was at the ironing board (I iron everything for them) the kids got on a conversation about the presidential election. They talked about Obama and Hillary - and they couldn't remember the other guys name. It was cute how they are getting involved in their country. One of the mom's told me the kids want to volunteer for Obama's campaign. How cool is that? I wish more adults were involved like these kids are. Power to the people.
This week was a lot of fun and many projects were made. I have another week of camp coming up. I'll be having more kids sewing classes coming in August.





Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy