Jun 13, 2008

Virginia hitting NY and Parsons

One of my students, Virginia, got a wonderful opportunity to attend a summer course at Parsons School for Design I asked her if she could take me with her by email me while she was there and send me some pictures so I could feel like I was with her.

It wasn't long ago she learned the art of sewing. She didn't know much when she started my classes. In a few months she made several dresses. She really absorbed what I taught her and has come a long way.

So, as promised she sent me pictures and with her permission I'm sharing them with you.

Hey Cindy!!! Here are the pics I promised, so you can feel like you too have visited the big Apple! Some of them are of my art work (for the fam) and the others include Central Park, the Fashion District and Times Square. There is a pic of a building with a man's hand pointing up.. that was because some lunatic climbed uptop a huge (like 70 story) building..you may have heard about it on the news. They are filming project runway now in the building next door, so I have seen a lot of the cast. I've also bumped into Julia, the gay guy that left b/c of an infection & another blond from previous seasons. I'm keeping an eye out for our boy Tim G. Hope all is well with you, and that the kids are finally helping to pick up the house! Take care !!

- vigi



Click to view my photos
Nyc First Week
(1 album)


If your unable to view the album - here are a few pics and her work



I'm so very proud of her. She really is a wonderful person. I'm so happy she found me and my sewing classes. There are some people who cross your path you really click with and Virginia is one of these people with me. We have had some great "stitch & bitch" sessions.

In her last email:

Hi everybody!!!

I want to start off by saying how much I miss all of you!! I hope everyone is doing great & things are going well in Mia. Please keep me updated!:) NYC has been CRAZY! I keep saying it feels like I've been here for 5 days. They give us so much work, I end up staying in the studio for 12 hours..but it feels like one! The studio is awesome, it is right in the heart of Times Square...actually located 1/2 a block from Yane's office. I can't even say I have done much outside of work- just one outing when Plani came into town, but I really don't have the time (it's 1am now!) Thankfully there is a great yoga studio thee blocks away where I have dropped in twice to find some chi :)

I definitely wanted to make sure I invited you all to an Aids Benefit I am helping out with. For those of you who I haven't mentioned it to yet, it is by a charity organization started by three local college girls They have a vision to help raise money for local charities by bringing the community together through the arts (fashion, poetry, music and paintings). They somehow found out I was taking sewing classes & asked if I would let them use my pieces for the show. I couldn't say no to them..so I, along with 5 other, more sophisticated, designers will have a little fashion show. There will also be a live music, art, poetry, and other interesting things going on. It is Friday the 27th at Harrison's on Miami Beach, the tickets are $35 with food and drinks included. I have attached the flyer. I would love for you all to come! But if you can't make it, I hope to see you soon :) If you have any questions, please make sure to reply back to only me.

Hugs & kisses! ..Toodles! ;)

~Vigi





Until next time,
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy