Apr 18, 2008

Sewing Summer Camp and Making A Bath Robe

First thing I wanted to say I have posted my Summer Camp dates. I have a few seats already taken. If you would like to attend you need to sign up soon while seats are available. All information is on my website. You can enroll online except it will be a little bit more money since I give a cash discount.

Now to sewing:
If you read this blog then you know there is only one thing I wish I had more of, time. There just isn't enough time in the day to do the things I really want to do. I haven't had much time to sew lately but I was able to cut out a bath robe for my little man. His "Power Ranger" old robe didn't fit him anymore and he's getting a little older. He doesn't want to wear any of those "baby" clothes anymore.

Robes are VERY easy to make. You can create them any way you like but they are all basically the same. 2 front's, one back, 2 sleeves, maybe a collar, couple of pockets, a tie and you have a robe.

I had 20 minutes before my class last week. I was able to cut the robe out. I stayed after one of my classes a couple nights ago and was able to sew it in about 45 minutes. So, an hour total to have a robe isn't bad at all. And I bought the fabric on sale using a Joann coupon only costing me $12 to make. I also made a pair of shorts to match. They only took about 30 minutes to make. The sleeves were a little long. We just rolled them up to make cuffs.

He loves his new "night time" clothes. It's hard to find clothes little boys like. This was a hit.

My next project is going to be Earth Day grocery bags. Earth Day is April 23. Decide what your going to do to change one little thing. I'll be planting a tree too along with changing my habits of using the bags they give me at the grocery store. I do recycle, but not to have to use them at all would be much better. I hope to make a few today...my next post will be about this.

Enjoy your moments, make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy