Feb 26, 2008

Fabric Art , A Vest and A Dress


I had a lot of ideas for fabric art. This is one of them. I made this outfit for my daughter (different fabric) a short little jacket with a skirt. I think it came out cut and it looks great on my wall.



I also made this vest a few weeks ago with fabric that was given to me. I would have never bought this fabric if I came across it. I'm always inspired by fabric. But I do think it came out good. I love to wear vest. I think it would have looked better with black for the back leaving the red as liner. Vest are very easy to make and you really don't need a pattern to make them.



Ya know, I'm really bad about taking pictures of finished projects by the students. I keep saying I'm going to take pics and I never do. I'm going to start telling people to take pictures and send them to me. So...a shout out to past students if you would like to share any of your projects just send me pics and I will post them here.


Lorette came in last month and made this white dress. She did a great job on her first project. She likes things to look just right and took her time sewing, took out things she didn't like and resewed them. The finish product came out great. She is very brave to wear white, a color I can never wear because sure enough as soon as I do it becomes a mess.

I've had a lot of people sign up for sewing time classes. I've been letting people make their own schedule which works out really great for them but I'm amazed all the time how people pay for classes and don't show up. I wish they would give the time to themselves and show up to learn the art but people are busy and always put off tomorrow what they could do today.

I have a lot of things I want to sew on my list of things to do. I want to start posting tutorials on how to make easy projects. Check back soon to see what I have to share with you.

Until next time.
Enjoy your moments, make them "sew" much fun,
C indy