Nov 17, 2007

When cold weather hits it's time to sew new jackets


Kids grow up fast. The clothes my son started out with a few months ago when school started are short in the legs and sleeves on him. We don't wear our winter clothes much in South Florida so when he put on his jacket for school yesterday It was really time for a new one.




Joann had the fabric on sale for $3.50 a yard. It only took 1 1/2 yard to make. I made the jacket in a few hours. It probably wouldn't have taken as long but I had a few people come in for open sewing who needed my help. I wanted to get my daughters made too but that didn't happen. So, brown for my son and purple for my daughter. My little man loves it.





Nadine has been coming in making hand bags to give away as gifts. She is recycling her fabric from her stash. She already has 4 made with 2 more to go.

Today I'm trying something new. I'm starting a pattern class in 2 four hour sessions instead of 4 two hour sessions. So many people drive an hour to take my classes. I'm tired of the oil companies making record profits while we pay record prices at the pump. I don't want to add to the problem so I'm going to try to add more 2 session classes.

Until next time,
Enjoy your moments, make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy