Aug 7, 2007

Recycled old shorts - Kids Class & Machine Class this week


There is nothing like sewing something, anything. I have made so many things from curtains for my home to a camera holder to protect my camera when the kids want to take pictures. I enjoy it "sew" much. I haven't had to to make anything in a few weeks. I have a lot of projects planned but nothing finished.

I started pulling apart an old pair of shorts in my spare time over the past week. I have them cut out of new fabric and almost finished for wearing.



If you have a garment that you just love but have fallen apart, you can always make a new one by just taking a seam ripper to them and taking apart all the seams. If your not sure how to put it back together - take notes while you pull it apart. It will teach you how to reconstruct it. Your markings are already for darts, buttonholes and even how much you need to make your hem.







I have them mostly constructed. I just have to install the wasteband and do the hem. You'll see pictures of the finished product soon.

There is a kids class starting this Saturday - Seats available. Kids who took my summer camp can join for $75

Kids Sewing Class for ages 8 - 12

8 hour class ~ $95
Learn the sewing machine, create a perfect stitch.
Learn to sew easy projects for kids. You will leave each class with a finished project. Or for more advanced kids bring in a pattern of choice and learn how to pin, cut and sew it the right way

Some material supplied - Some you supply

Saturday 10am - 12pm Aug. 11, Aug. 18, Aug. 25, Sept. 8I also have seats available to Learn the Machine class Thursday night
Thursday 6 - 8pm August 9
More pictures to come in a couple of days. Today is a day to enjoy my children. We need to buy school supplies and we want to spend some time playing outside - in the pool because it sure is hot outside. School starts in 2 weeks. It's time to enjoy what is left of the summer.

Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy