Aug 2, 2007

Last week of Summer Camp


It's hard to believe summer is almost over. This was another wonderful week of summer camp. I had another group of friends. These girls were so much fun. They brought their own music to listen to. They danced and sang all week while they sewed.

The first day I taught them how to use the sewing machine and they made their bags to carry their projects to camp with them.

I let the girls make what they want to make. I try to make it easy for their parents by suggesting they recycle things they have at home instead of buying new. I tell them to use old sheets, clothes and anything they can find. I try to teach them to be creative. Well, one mom decided to take the group of friends to the fabric store. They all picked out the same pattern to make with different color fabric. It was easy for me because they were all making the same thing. Usually I have several different projects going on at once and sometimes it's a little hard to keep up.

So they all decided to make the same top. They all did a wonderful job sewing them. Again, I'm so proud of these girls. They really absorbed what I was teaching them.




My first year of summer camp was a great success. Every week of camp was full except one week. I can't tell you how much fun I have teaching young people. It is much different then teaching adults.

Today is Open Sewing. I haven't been able to sew in a few weeks. I have my shorts that I love so much apart and new pieces cut out ready to sew. I'll take some pictures today and share with you my progress.

I have a pattern class starting Monday. There's one seat available to the class. 3 people are returning to take the class again because they had so much fun the first time.

Until next time...
Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy