Aug 19, 2007

Last week at Learn 2 Sew

Last week was another fun week. We finished up our Monday/Wednesday Pattern Class. We made a dress, three tops, shorts and a skirt.

Michelle made a skirt with a matching top


Ariela, who's taken my class several times now, made a top and shorts.


Mother and Daughter, Anne and Ali also took my class before when I first opened. They came back to make more projects. Anne made a dress while Ali made a top.


I didn't take pictures of their projects - sorry. I have to get better with my camera. Like pulling it out to take pictures. Sometimes I get so busy during the class I forget to take them - or - my camera needs new batteries.

On Friday I got to do more sewing. I finished another pair of shorts, refashioned my Joe Satriani concert Tshirt and put a new zipper in some shorts for my mother. I had a few people come in and sew with me. Pictures of my projects to come hopefully tomorrow.

I did get to tape up Luiza to make her a body double. I had another girl come in yesterday for the same thing. It's nice to have your own body shape while you construct your clothes. Things fit you much better. The only thing she has to do is stuff it and put it on a stand if she wants.

Luiza also came in a couple of weeks ago and made this dress. It looks really good on her.


Kids start school tomorrow. I'm back to my morning and evening schedule. Open Sewing starts again on Wednesday mornings from 10am to 1pm. I have a clothing construction class starting tomorrow from 6-8, a machine and pattern class starting on Saturday. As always you can enroll online at www.learn2sewflorida.com under the class/enrollment page.

My kids are so excited about school tomorrow. One is still awake. I better go get them to sleep or they will never wake up in the morning.

Enjoy your moments ~ make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment