Jul 28, 2007

Sewing Summer Camp - Week 4


This week was a lot of fun. I wasn't as busy because there were only 3 people who enrolled to camp this week. Two of the returned for their second week because they enjoyed their first week so much.



We started teaching the other girl the sewing machine and helped her make her bag. She decided she wanted to make a robe. It was a learning experience for her. She had to use a seam ripper a few times but made a very snuggly robe to hang around the house


There's always lessons in everything we do. I learned a lesson not to assume how people will sew. This little girl who I thought would have a hard time sewing could sew like you wouldn't believe. It's a wonderful expierence watching someone develope their natural ability given to them. She made a beautiful blue dress with headband and hair scrungy to match.

This is the second week for this girl too. She made another top and clothes for her American Girl Doll. She will be back again next week to make more projects.
I really enjoyed sewing with these girls. They brought in their own music to listen to and we all enjoyed each others company.

There is one more week of sewing camp. You know I will be taking more pictures to share so check back next week.

I also started a new project - a pair of shorts. It's actually an old pair of shorts I wore all the time. The zipper popped out on me and I couldn't wear them any longer. I took the seam ripper to them, took all the pieces apart, used them to cut out a new pair of shorts. I'll take some pictures in the next few days to show you what I've done so far.

Tomorrow's Sunday. A day to enjoy my family, and do the never ending laundry :)

Enjoy your moments, make them "sew" much fun,
Cindy