Jun 6, 2007

What's been going on at Learn 2 Sew

I've got all kinds of new things going on at Learn 2 Sew.

Summer camp starts next week. There are still some seats available to a few weeks. Campers will learn the sewing machine the first day and make an easy tote bag they can decorate any way they like. The rest of the week they will pick easy projects from a suggested list. Design jeans with paint, studs, beads, patches ~blue jean bag out of an old pair of pants, pencil holder from the leg of the blue jeans ~ pillows ~ blankets ~ halter top/ skirt ~ fabric belts ~ letter/card holder ~ beach hat and more.

Hollywood Sewing Meetup group will meet tonight. The group is small right now but I hope it grows to a nice size of sewing loving people next month. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now, some of the things I have made lately:

My daughter had her 7th birthday party at my shop. I've had a lot of people ask me about doing birthday parties and this was a good test. I worked hard and decided I would have to charge a lot that it wouldn't be worth offering parties. But, it was fun. We brought over her stage my husband made her a few years ago (she loves to sing and dance). I put down a runway, had a hair - makeup - jewelery stations set up, brought all her dress up and let the girls have a fashion show. I also took the girls one at a time to make an easy project with each (head scarf). I had a lot of girls come up and tell me how much fun they had. It was a lot of fun..and a lot of work too.

I made her a lot of clothes for her birthday. I only wish she would wear them :)




For my mom for mothers day. A welcome mat and card/letter holder that she can hold all the cards my kids make for her



My daughter got an award for best mini tap dancer and has been asked to be on the competition team. I made my top a couple of weeks ago and her outfit for her birthday.

I really need to take more pictures of my projects. I've made so many but have no pictures to share. I'll get better!

Enjoy your moments. Make them "sew" much fun!
Cindy